WIRE-12911 - Missing item - Configurable display #00555754 #00644782 #P
During a broadcast, there is nothing more annoying than a big red question mark sitting where a rendezvous guest was previously located, or in place of NDI sources. What would be good is to configure the action that should happen when a source is missing. I suggest three options configurable per shot:
1. Display nothing - Make whatever was there disappear.
2. Display something - a logo or other static image to replace the missing source
3. Replace with placeholder - If it is a placeholder item, revert the item back to its default placeholder settings - letter A, B, or C respectively.
Why make it configurable per shot?
1. An NDI source that is full screen on layer one going to a ? will cover ALL other layers. That is bad. This should display nothing.
2. A local studio input that is not a template should be replaced with a test pattern or some other static logo.
3. To make life easy for placeholders, it might be nice to replace with original placeholder as an option.